Below are the registration and financial aid deadlines for each session of the 2017 Kentucky United Nations Assembly.
|KUNA 2017||Dates||Location||Fin. Aid Due||Reg. Due|
|Middle School 1||Mar. 5-7||Galt House||Tues. Jan. 31||Tues. Feb. 14|
|Middle School 2||Mar. 5-7||Crowne||Tues. Jan. 31||Tues. Feb 14|
|High School 1||Mar. 12-14||Marriott||Thurs. Feb. 9||Thur. Feb. 23|
|Middle School 3||Mar. 19-21||Crowne||Thurs. Feb. 16||Thurs. Mar. 2|
|High School 2||Mar. 23-25||Galt House||Tues. Feb 21||Tues. Mar. 7|
|High School 3||Mar. 26-28||Galt House||Thurs. Feb 23||Thurs. Mar. 9|
To register your school for KUNA, Advisors should make sure they have completed the following steps:
1. Intent Form – Submit the KUNA Intent Form:
2. Financial Aid – Need-based financial aid is available. To be considered for financial aid, a student and parent or guardian must fully complete the Financial Aid application by the deadline for your respective KUNA (see chart above):
3. Supporting Officers & Training – Starting this year, the term “Supporting Officers” will be used to describe the positions that support the Presiding Officers in each KUNA Program Area. This includes Committee Chairs (formerly Leadership Team), as well as other positions appointed by the program (Justices, Assistant Editors, and Chiefs of Staff). All Supporting Officers must complete the form below to either apply for their position and/or register for a Supporting Officer Training:
4. Presiding Officer Candidate Declaration & Commitment – If your school has a Presiding Officer Candidate (only Affiliated Student Ys can have candidates), he/she must submit the online Candidate Declaration by the registration deadline for your KUNA. Candidates must also bring their signed Commitment Form to the Candidates Meeting at KUNA.
5. Release Forms – Have all students submit the Online Health & Publicity Release Form. A paper form is also available (must be brought to the Assembly – do NOT fax or mail them).
6. Registration Packet –The KUNA Registration Packet will be emailed to all advisors later this winter, in PDF format. Registration Packets should be submitted via email and must be received by your respective KUNA registration deadline.
Email Completed Packets to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Submit Payment – Purchase Orders or School Checks are preferred methods of payment and must be received on or before the registration deadline to qualify for on-time registration. Fees are as follows:
8. Code of Conduct – Have all Students and Adults print & sign the Student & Adult Codes of Conduct to bring to Assembly (Do NOT fax or mail them).