|KYA 2017||Dates||Financial Aid Due||Registration Due|
|Middle School 1||Nov. 5-7||Tues., Sept. 19||Tues., Oct. 3|
|Middle School 2||Nov. 9-11||Tues., Sept. 19||Tues., Oct. 3|
|Middle School 3||Nov. 30-Dec.2||Thurs., Oct. 12||Thurs., Oct. 26|
|Middle School 4||Dec. 10-12||Thurs., Oct. 12||Thurs., Oct. 26|
|High School 1||Nov. 16-18||Tues., Sept. 19||Tues., Oct. 3|
|High School 2||Nov. 19-21||Tues., Sept. 19||Tues., Oct. 3|
|High School 3||Dec. 3-5||Thurs., Oct. 12||Thurs., Oct. 26|
To register your school for KYA, Advisors should make sure they have completed the following steps:
1. Intent Form – Submit the KYA Intent Form:
2. Financial Aid – Need-based financial aid is available. To be considered for financial aid, a student and parent or guardian must fully complete the Financial Aid application by the deadline for your respective KYA (see chart above):
3. Supporting Officer Form – In addition to our KYA Presiding Officers, each program area has Supporting Officers with varying levels of responsibility and time commitment. These positions are either application-based or appointed by the Presiding Officers. All Supporting Officers must submit the form below to apply and/or register for one of the KYA Supporting Officer Trainings:
This includes Committee Chairs – delegations are asked to nominate 1-2 students to serve as Committee Chairs at KYA. Delegations with 1-50 delegates get 1 nominee, those with 51+ delegates get 2 nominees.
4. Candidate Declaration – If your school has a Presiding Officer Candidate (only Affiliated Student YMCA Chapters can have candidates), he/she must submit the online Candidate Declaration by the registration deadline for your KYA. Candidates must also bring their signed Commitment Form to the Candidates Meeting at KYA.
5. Release Forms – Have students submit the Online Health & Publicity Release Form. A paper form is also available (must be brought to the Assembly – do NOT fax or mail them). Have students and guardians sign off on the Code of Conduct and Dress Code Form.
6. Registration Packet – Complete & Submit the KYA Registration Packet (emailed to Advisors later in Fall).
7. Submit Payment – Purchase Orders or School Checks are preferred methods of payment and must be received on or before the registration deadline to qualify for on-time registration. Fees are as follows:
$240 for Student Y Delegates
$250 for Non-Student Y Delegates
There is a $10 discount per student for on time completed registration and payment.
$135 per Advisor (Shared Rooms) | $200 (Private Rooms – Limited Spaces)
For every 15 students attending KYA, you get $135 discount towards advisor fees (may not exceed number of advisors attending)
Fee includes lodging, lunch and dinner on 2nd day, transportation to Capitol, and final morning breakfast
8. Code of Conduct – Have all Students and Adults print & sign the Student & Adult Codes of Conduct to bring to Assembly (Do NOT fax or mail them).